Commercial Skills for Academic and Researchers
This is a one day, free event
- £0.00 Free Event
This is the final set of the MDR series that was launched last spring. We have selected this topic because we believe the development of commercial skills for academics and researchers is increasingly important. Academics and researchers are becoming much more interested in the commercialisation of their Intellectual Property and are working more closely with technology and knowledge transfer colleagues to maximise commercial impact.
This workshop is developed specifically for staff and educational developers. Participants will leave the session knowing:
- How to use this new MDR to develop the commercial skills of academics and researchers
- With a better understanding of the ways in which academics and researchers can become primary agents of their own knowledge transfer and commercialisation
MDR Commercials Skills materials are designed for use by staff and educational developers so that they can design and run in-house training events for academics and researchers.
Completed forms should be returned to Frankie Martin, Marketing Coordinator, 020 7849 6907
The programme includes:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Also of interest
- Wednesday 15 January 2014 Examining the Purpose and Role of Professors
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 Aurora Bristol
- Wednesday 22 January 2014 Leading Across Professional Boundaries
- Tuesday 28 January 2014 Moocs: What we have learned, emerging themes and what next?
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Research Managers Programme (RMP 4)
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Essentials of Finance
- Wednesday 12 February 2014 Aurora Manchester
- Wednesday 26 February 2014 Essentials of Advanced Presentation and Public Speaking
- Thursday 27 February 2014 Joint Workshop for Chairs of Governing Bodies and Vice-Chancellors/Principals 2014
- Wednesday 05 March 2014 Leading Transformation in Learning and Teaching 3