GDP: Being an effective Governor (Scotland)
This is a one-day event for all governors, especially those in Scotland
Registration and refreshments will be available from 09.30 with the programme starting promptly at 10.00. The day will close at 16.00.
- £210.00 GDP Member Price
- £420.00 GDP Non Member Price
Higher education governors in post-referendum Scotland are confronting both the immediacy of their governance responsibilities and the emerging challenges of future-proofing the long-term sustainability of their institutions. Public accountability and reputation management are set alongside the challenges of a likely raft of new legislation and the issues of tuition fees, outcome agreements, the changing shape of the university campus, technology and competitiveness in global markets. This workshop will help to inform you about the key perspectives for the sector and enable you to deploy with increasing confidence and capability the skills and experience you bring to the role of governor.
Aims and objectives
Governors will take with them an enhanced understanding of and ability to engage with
- The role and boundaries of good governance
- Balancing conflicts of interest
- The ways in which major decisions are taken in institutions
- The role of committees and working groups
- The higher education context in post-referendum Scotland
- Relationships with key stakeholders
- Information and support available to governors
The day is designed for those early in post to explore and develop knowledge and skills of higher education governance. It will also benefit those who wish to revisit governance issues in a contemporary context. It represents the first step in governors assessing their personal development needs.
If you would like to attend Being an effective governor please return the completed booking form to Tori Senior, Marketing Coordinator, T: 020 3468 4818
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
We have planned this event with networking opportunities throughout the day.
Also of interest
- Tuesday 03 February 2015 Essentials of Finance
- Friday 06 February 2015 Aurora Sheffield
- Thursday 12 February 2015 GDP: Opportunities and challenges for governors in London
- Thursday 19 February 2015 GDP: Governor Toolkit: Part Two
- Wednesday 25 February 2015 Leading the Learning Landscape Network Event
- Wednesday 25 February 2015 Examining the Purpose and Role of Professors
- Wednesday 25 February 2015 Aurora London 2
- Tuesday 03 March 2015 Strategic Leadership Programme (SLP1)
- Thursday 05 March 2015 GDP: A toolkit for effective governance
- Tuesday 10 March 2015 Essentials of Advanced Presentation and Public Speaking for Professional Services