Essentials of Coaching for Results
This is a one day event
- £405.00 Members Price
- £505.00 Non Members Price
‘Managers have a crucial role to play in people management and development and the line manager as coach is increasingly being advocated as an important part of a managers responsibilities’ CIPD Coaching at the sharp end. 2009
This workshop, aims to encourage managers to consider a coaching approach to enhancing performance. The range of skills, possible approaches and some practical guidance will begin to build real confidence and capability to see this as an increasingly effective part of their performance management toolkit in increasingly challenging times.
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- Explored the principles of a coaching style of management as a natural and effective way of engaging, motivating and managing people.
- Considered and appreciated the processes and skills needed to effectively coach for high performance
- Understood and used the GROW model of coaching
- Experienced and practiced coaching someone on a real issue
- Determined their own individual action plan
As the workshop will focus on skills and approaches required to coach for high performance, participants will need to ensure they
- Complete some directed pre-reading (no more than 1 hour) prior to the workshop.
- Identify a real example of a scenario where you would like to try a coaching approach to enhancing team or individual performance, either as a new scenario you are about to begin, or where other management approaches have so far failed to bring about the desired results
All manager and leaders who wish to get the best from the people they work with will find this one day programme essential to develop their practical coaching skills. Coaching is a powerful technique and everyone can learn to coach others if they understand both the values and develop the key skills required. If you want to explore your own coaching style as a manager and leader, and enhance your capability to improve the performance of your team this one day workshop will be invaluable for you.
Both academic leaders and professional service leaders will benefit from attending this workshop.
If you would like to attend the seminar please return the completed booking form to Tori Senior, Marketing Coordinator, T: 020 3468 4818
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Leadership Foundation Associate
Until 2009, Gwen was director of HR at De Montfort University, a post she held for eight years. She led a team of 45 people providing HR, leadership development, academic professional development, training and occupational health, safety and wellbeing services.
Prior to this, Gwen held HR director and leadership development roles in the NHS and UK Post Office, including a senior consultancy role at their National Leadership College. In addition, she was an academic at Leicester Business School. She brings extensive experience of organisational and leadership development, change and people management in three very culturally diverse organisations. Gwen has a particular knowledge and interest in the higher education sector, its culture and associated people management challenges.
Gwen has successfully coached many senior managers and directors, both formally and informally, in universities, the NHS and UK Post Office businesses.
Also of interest
- Tuesday 10 December 2013 Implementing a Coaching Culture in HEIs
- Tuesday 10 December 2013 DVC/PVC Leadership Network: NHS and Higher Education- Tuesday 10 December 2013
- Wednesday 15 January 2014 Examining the Purpose and Role of Professors
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 Aurora Bristol
- Wednesday 22 January 2014 Leading Across Professional Boundaries
- Tuesday 28 January 2014 Moocs: What we have learned, emerging themes and what next?
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Essentials of Finance
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Research Managers Programme (RMP 4)
- Wednesday 12 February 2014 Aurora Manchester
- Wednesday 26 February 2014 Essentials of Advanced Presentation and Public Speaking