Essentials of marketing your department, project or service
This is a one day event
- £405.00 Members Price
- £505.00 Non Members Price
Essentials of marketing your department, project or service provides an excellent introduction to practical marketing for higher education staff wishing to develop their marketing, communications or customer engagement skills. It will valuable to anyone in HEIs leading projects, services or departments and needing a better understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- It will provide those new to marketing with the skills to develop and execute, in collaboration with their teams, more effective marketing strategies and outreach plans. It will show them how to raise the profile of their project, service or department and attract the attention of key opinion formers.
- Participants will benefit from a greater awareness of how to market their initiatives internally, within the organisation, and externally.
- Delegates will learn the techniques to help them develop an effective, integrated approach to managing relations with their stakeholders and to become more customer focused.
The session will enable staff to gain an understanding of the competitive marketing and communications context in which their services or departments function. It will provide them with an introduction to the professional skills and methodologies required to develop effective marketing and communications responses to practical day to day and longer term imperatives ad enable them to tackle the marketing planning process. It will enable delegates to share best practice through discussion and case studies. At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Apply marketing and branding techniques to services or departmental planning and how these should integrate with corporate marketing activity.
- Understand how to target and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Select the best marketing methods to tackle "live" challenges and problems.
- Write an outline marketing plan for their project, department or service.
The learning and teaching style of the day will be highly interactive with a focus on real life case studies, discussions and action planning to support future marketing activity and development when participants return to their HEIs.A “Q and A surgery” will be included to help delegates address the marketing challenges that they face in their institutions.
The seminar will be relevant to anyone wishing to know how best to market their initiative, project, department or service, from academic staff through to departmental administrators, admissions, recruitment, HR, estates and facilities, membership services, conference and events management, careers, library and IT staff.
If you would like to attend this seminar please return the completed booking form to Frankie Martin, Marketng Coordinator, T: 020 7849 6907
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Also of interest
- Monday 03 June 2013 Staffing Models and Institutional Flexibility
- Wednesday 05 June 2013 Leading Transformation in Learning and Teaching
- Friday 07 June 2013 Top Management Programme (TMP 31)
- Thursday 13 June 2013 Leading Higher Education in Further Education
- Wednesday 19 June 2013 DVC/PVC Leadership Network: Leading Change
- Thursday 27 June 2013 Professional Directors' Network Event
- Monday 01 July 2013 Research Centre Directors Programme
- Tuesday 02 July 2013 Understanding and Using the MDRS
- Thursday 04 July 2013 Leading the Whole Student Experience: Learning Through the Digital Student Experience
- Friday 05 July 2013 The Digital Campus - The Challenge of Change