Essentials of marketing your department, project or service
This is a one day event
- £395.00 Members Price
- £495.00 Non Members Price
Essentials of marketing your department, project or service provides an excellent introduction to practical marketing for higher education staff wishing to develop their marketing, communications or customer engagement skills. It is of great valuable to anyone in HEIs leading projects, services or departments and needing a better understanding of effective marketing techniques:
- It will provide those new to marketing with the skills to develop and execute, in collaboration with their teams, more effective marketing strategies and outreach plans
- It will show them how to raise the profile of their project, service or department and attract the attention of key opinion formers
- Participants will benefit from a greater awareness of how to market their initiatives internally, within the organisation, and externally
- Delegates will learn the techniques to help them develop an effective, integrated approach to managing relations with their stakeholders and to become more customer focused
The session will enable staff to gain an understanding of the competitive marketing and communications context in which their services or departments function. It will provide them with an introduction to the professional skills and methodologies required to develop effective marketing and communications responses to practical day to day and longer term imperatives ad enable them to tackle the marketing planning process. It will enable delegates to share best practice through discussion and case studies. At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Apply marketing and branding techniques to services or departmental planning and how these should integrate with corporate marketing activity.
- Understand how to target and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Select the best marketing methods to tackle "live" challenges and problems.
- Write an outline marketing plan for their project, department or service.
The learning and teaching style of the day will be highly interactive with a focus on real life case studies, discussions and action planning to support future marketing activity and development when participants return to their HEIs. A “Q and A surgery” will be included to help delegates address the marketing challenges that they face in their institutions.
The seminar will be relevant to anyone wishing to know how best to market their initiative, project, department or service, from academic staff through to departmental administrators, admissions, recruitment, HR, estates and facilities, membership services, conference and events management, careers, library and IT staff.
If you would like to attend this seminar please return the completed booking form to Frankie Martin, Marketng Coordinator, T: 020 3468 4817
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Essentials of Marketing
Leadership Foundation Associate
Rosemary advises higher education, public and private sector organisations throughout Europe on strategic planning, brand competitiveness and positioning, stakeholder engagement, policy response and strategic marketing. She has led more than fifteen competitive positioning and brand development strategies within higher education and related sectors. She has also assisted institutions in the development of international branch campus initiatives and an assessment of the implications for corporate strategy and culture. Rosemary facilitates competitive briefings and strategic planning programmes for senior management teams, helping them to address critical issues and prepare for market change. She is a specialist advisor to the Executive Boards of several higher educations institutions and also advises international companies working within the global higher education sector, as partners, service providers or innovators.
Rosemary serves as an Impact Assessor on the Business and Management Studies Sub-panel for the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Rosemary's pro bono board memberships include the Advisory Boards of the Nottingham Business School, UK, the Centre for Applied Philosophy, Politics and Ethics at the University of Brighton, UK, and the Executive Board of the Equality Challenge Unit, which works to further and support equality and diversity for staff and students in UK higher education.
Rosemary publishes and lectures extensively on strategic management, leadership, planning and competitive posititioning issues. She is editor of the Stamp Consulting Briefing Paper series and a contributory author to:
· 'A Practical Guide to University and College Management: Beyond Bureaucracy', published by Routledge
· 'The State of UK Higher Education: Managing Change and Diversity', published by the OUP
· 'The Library Marketing Toolkit', published by Facet
Before founding Stamp Consulting in 2006, Rosemary was Director of the Strategic Consulting Group, Euro RSCG Riley, for six years, also holding the roles of Group Brand Director and National Director for Education Marketing. Before joining Euro in 1998, Rosemary was Director of student marketing, research and recruitment for the University of Warwick, UK.
The Essentials of Marketing workshop has an alumni of over 300 delegates. Here are what some of them had to say about the programme:
"The Essentials of Marketing course was one of the best-organised and most useful training courses I've ever been on. Not only did we learn a lot - about what not to do to best get our messages across to various audiences - but we got a chance to work on short projects and apply the learning to our own areas of work on the day. Rosemary Stamp is an excellent facilitator, clearly bringing a high level of knowledge and experience into the room, but also paying careful attention to everyone's areas of work and responding to individual training needs."
James Draper, Manchester Metropolitan University
"An engaging course which gave me a grasp of the fundamental ideas and principles of marketing."
Gerry Johnstone, University of Hull
"A really useful, enjoyable and hands on training session"
Kerrie Herbert, Coventry University
Also of interest
- Thursday 24 April 2014 Engaging Leaders - Book Launch Event
- Friday 25 April 2014 Top Management Programme (TMP 33)
- Tuesday 29 April 2014 Leading Departments 3
- Tuesday 06 May 2014 Leading Across Professional Boundaries
- Wednesday 07 May 2014 Leading HE in FE 2
- Thursday 08 May 2014 Essentials of Advanced Presentation and Public Speaking, Scotland
- Tuesday 13 May 2014 Senior Strategic Leadership (SSL 19)
- Wednesday 21 May 2014 Tracking the careers of TMP Alumni - dissemination event
- Thursday 22 May 2014 Leading Your Technical Team
- Thursday 22 May 2014 Leading the Learning Landscape Network Event