Essentials of Finance
This is a one day event
- £395.00 Members Price
- £495.00 Non Members Price
This workshop has been developed for senior leaders with a non-financial background to enable their effectiveness in relation to corporate governance. The event covers the basics of financial reporting and budgetary control. Participants will leave with a good sense of the principles and terminology of accounting and be able to have a financially informed dialogue with their senior finance colleagues, when reviewing results and making tactical and strategic decisions.
The workshop focuses on:
- Basic financial principles
- Financial dynamics (income, expenditure, assets and liabilities)
- Basic ratios for financial control and economic health
- Budgetary control and variance analysis
- Cost analysis and decision-making
As a result of attendance on this workshop, participants will have:
- Understood the key principles on which transaction recording is based and which underpin their institution's published financial statements
- Considered appropriate ratios to assist management of their institution
- Appreciated the need for budgets and variance analysis to plan and control their institution's operations
- Understood the use of cost analysis to assist in decision-making and thereby be better able to fulfil their role of exercising proper stewardship of the students, staff, physical and monetary resources entrusted to them.
Senior non-financial managers (up to and including members of the Senior Executive Team) who have managerial and budgetary responsibilities within their institutions.
If you would like to attend this seminar please return the completed booking form to Frankie Martin, Marketing Coordinator, T: 020 3468 4817
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
PA T: 020 3468 4817
David Palmer BA, FCA, CTA, MCIPD is a financial professional who has devoted his skills to management training in practical understanding and utilisation of financial information. He has worked at senior levels in the Finance and the Computer Services industries. David has run management programmes for over 30 major organisations including BP, Eversheds, Ernst & Young, Kimberly Clark, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Royal Mail, and Tesco.
A prolific writer of case studies, role plays and course material, many of his generic documents are freely available on his website: www.finanacialmanagementdevelopment.com.
David was a Governor and member of the Finance Committee of Luton University for nine years and of Dunstable College for three years. He is a Deacon in the Catholic Church.
Also of interest
- Thursday 27 June 2013 Professional Directors' Network Event
- Monday 01 July 2013 Research Centre Directors Programme
- Tuesday 02 July 2013 Understanding and Using the MDRS
- Thursday 04 July 2013 Leading the Whole Student Experience: Learning Through the Digital Student Experience
- Friday 05 July 2013 The Digital Campus - The Challenge of Change
- Thursday 18 July 2013 International Network Meeting
- Tuesday 01 October 2013 Leading Departments 2
- Tuesday 15 October 2013 Senior Strategic Leadership (SSL 18)
- Friday 01 November 2013 Top Management Programme (TMP 32)
- Wednesday 06 November 2013 Leading Transformation in Learning and Teaching 2