Leading for innovation in the student experience
Full Dates: Thursday 10 and Friday 11 October 2013
Leading for innovation in the student experience is part of our Leading HE in FE series of events.
- £1,250.00 Members
- £1,250.00 Non-Members
The Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (LF) and the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) co-designed a set of programme under the heading Leading HE in FE, which supports colleges to take full advantage of the new arrangements for general and specialist further education colleges now offering higher education. The leadership and development needs of those creating and directing the strategies for such learner opportunities are specific and ever more paramount, calling for specific knowledge and capabilities.
Leading HE in FE includes three two-day intensive residential opportunities. Each delivered by experienced facilitators, together with keynote addresses from those with significant experience of their field. Keynote speakers will include those representing National bodies such as QAA, NUS, Hefce, and those already working successfully in further and higher education. In each event there will be opportunities to share practice, learn new tools and techniques to engage others, and develop the leadership skills necessary for success.
This programme will encourage a deeper understanding of the background of this new environment, and underpin day-to-day planning and strategy development.
Leading HE in FE will focus upon:
- The interpretation and impact of up-to-date policy
- Developing strategic planning and analysis skills
- Improving participants’ effectiveness in their current role
- Increasing participants’ confidence through the development and use of leadership skills and tools
Leading HE in FE is:
- Participatory - working through challenges and scenarios to find practical solutions to challenges relevant to your context
- Informative - there will be inputs from experts who are 'in the thick of it'
- Residential - an opportunity to immerse yourself in the challenges and exciting opportunities of Leading HE in FE with like-minded peers
Participants will leave Leading HE in FE benefiting from increased motivation and the skills to:
- Confidently develop your strategic planning for higher education
- Navigate your way through a complex policy environment
- Lead change and development in your organisation
- Build a range of effective partnerships for HE
- Improve the quality of provision and the student experience
- Access a variety of tools to develop and support you in your role
fantastic course, excellent facilitation with interesting strategies for working with groups – thoroughly recommend
With most general and specialist further education colleges now offering higher education, the leadership and development needs of those creating and directing the strategies for such learner opportunities are specific and ever more paramount. This role calls for specific knowledge and capabilities. The programme has been designed to support you and your college to take full advantage of the new arrangements for delivery of HE within FE. This programme will be equally appropriate for those new to this area of work, those experienced and wishing to expand in this sector, or those who wish to review and enhance their current provision.
This programme is for senior leaders and managers responsible for overseeing the direction of their institution’s HE in FE strategy. We would expect participants to be in senior level roles such as Director of Higher Education, Vice-Principal and Assistant Principal.
Leading for innovation in the student experience is a two-day programme.
If you would like to talk through the programme first, contact Steve Lloyd.
Completed forms should be returned to Lucy Matthews, Programme Development Officer, 020 3468 4827.
The fee is £1,250
The programme fee includes all costs associated with:
- Dinner, accommodation and breakfast for the nights of the programme. Delegates may book additional accommodation for the night before or after the event
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
How do you engage students and other stakeholders in enhancing your provision? These activities will focus on approaches to use in designing innovative and creative solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders in the new HE in FE environment. Governance issues and accountability to the local community will be explored and engagement strategies and tools to empower stakeholders will be demonstrated, experienced, critiqued and used. The evaluation of the impact of programmes and projects in relations to stakeholder expectations is a key element of this module.
- Explore how HE in FE engages with students and the wider staff community
- Identify how current, and future provision engages with, and is accountable to, the specific and general needs of the student
- Critique elements of their provision in relation to the impact on the student and employers
- Articulate the reasons why innovation is the catalyst for future development of HE in FE
- Evaluate the impact of projects or programmes
- Use a variety of tools to support them in their role of developing innovative practice in HE in FE
- Develop a personal action plan to support the development of HE in FE
An invigorating and energising experience, celebrating similarities and differences with like-minded people
Also of interest
- Tuesday 25 November 2014 Wales Conference 2014
- Wednesday 26 November 2014 LF Fellows Topical Event: Liberating Leadership
- Thursday 27 November 2014 Leading Research Leaders
- Thursday 27 November 2014 Leading Departments 4
- Wednesday 03 December 2014 Aurora Edinburgh
- Tuesday 09 December 2014 DVC/PVC Leadership Network Event
- Tuesday 16 December 2014 Kazakhstan Networking Dinner - December
- Friday 09 January 2015 Aurora Dublin
- Wednesday 14 January 2015 East and South East Regional Event: Leading Change in Higher Education
- Thursday 15 January 2015 Aurora Cardiff