Essentials of Leading for Sustainability
Essentials of Leading for Sustainability is a one day event.
- £405.00 Members Price
- £505.00 Non Members Price
This one day Essential programme for HE leaders (from head of department up to PVC/DVC level) looks at what sustainability means in higher education, and how leaders can build sustainability into consideration of core activities such as learning, teaching and the student experience, research, HR, estates management and corporate planning
Sustainability is no longer seen as a ‘nice-to-have’ adjunct to the real business of higher education. Universities are often key players in local, national and international partnerships bringing together science, law, psychology and policy advice in powerful new inter-disciplinary combinations to address the world’s most pressing problems of poverty, inequality and climate change; similarly, HEI leaders need to find new ways of leading their institutions towards a future in which the world’s finite resources are managed sustainably.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- Increased their understanding of sustainability in the context of higher education
- Considered some concepts that are useful in leading for sustainability
- Heard the experience of those leading for sustainability
- Explored some tools for engaging people in sustainability matters
- Assessed the extent to which sustainability principles have been adopted within their own area of responsibility, and established a preliminary action plan
To download the draft programme: Draft Programme
Subject leaders, heads of professional and academic departments, and those with a cross-institutional remit who want sustainability to play its part in their wider leadership role. This event will focus on the opportunities for embedding sustainability principles into learning and teaching, research and professional services and is designed specifically for people leading at departmental and institutional levels who do not have a sustainability or carbon-reduction background.
If you would like to attend the seminar please return the completed booking form to Tori Senior, Marketing Coordinator, T: 020 3468 4818
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Also of interest
- Friday 06 December 2013 Aurora Glasgow
- Monday 09 December 2013 Performance Management in UK Higher Education Institutions: The need for a hybrid approach
- Tuesday 10 December 2013 DVC/PVC Leadership Network: NHS and Higher Education- Tuesday 10 December 2013
- Tuesday 10 December 2013 Implementing a Coaching Culture in HEIs
- Wednesday 15 January 2014 Examining the Purpose and Role of Professors
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 Aurora Bristol
- Wednesday 22 January 2014 Leading Across Professional Boundaries
- Tuesday 28 January 2014 Moocs: What we have learned, emerging themes and what next?
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Essentials of Finance
- Wednesday 05 February 2014 Research Managers Programme (RMP 4)