New Research Launch: Internationalisation and Internationalising the Curriculum
This is a free event and will run from 10.00-13.00
- £0.00 Members price
- £0.00 Non-members price
Research launches are a new addition to the Leadership Foundation’s programme of learning and development events. At these events the authors describe the work that they have produced, and engage the audience in a hosted discussion on the key themes and issues that arise.
On this occasion Professor Colin Grant, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International), University of Bath will talk about his new LF publication, We have nothing to lose but our chains: On the Ethics and Logics of University Internationalisation, in which he calls for renewed efforts to position the UK higher education sector at the forefront of global university partnerships. His logic being to challenge first and foremost the rather less engaged majority of universities to cast off the fetters of their parochialism and take concrete steps to enable greater mobility for staff and students, greater partnership in research, and greater leverage across a coalition of forces in the network economy.
And Nicola Sayers, HULT International Business School, will discuss her case study report, Internationalising the curriculum, which is a think-piece that comes out of her analysis of two institutions, HULT International and Richmond University, that both have students from over 100 nations, with no one nation dominating. Sayers explores what it means to internationalise the curriculum with a view to providing UK institutions with ideas on how they might effectively internationalise their curricula.
This Launch event will be of interest to Pro Vice-Chancellors, Deans and Heads of Department who have an interest in International, Learning and Teaching or Research.
Completed forms should be returned to Baljit Sandhu, Marketing and Administration Officer, 020 7849 6919
Also of interest
- Wednesday 10 February 2016 Counter Terrorism/The Prevent Agenda: Self-assessment 2
- Thursday 11 February 2016 LF Fellows Topical Event: Leadership, Happiness and Wellbeing
- Wednesday 17 February 2016 MASHEIN: Key Issues for Small and Specialist Institutions - Engaging with the Prevent Agenda
- Tuesday 23 February 2016 Aurora London 2
- Monday 07 March 2016 MASHEIN: Leadership Development Programme: A Programme for academic leaders in small and specialist HEIs- 2014/15
- Wednesday 09 March 2016 Future Professional Directors 1
- Thursday 17 March 2016 Leading Departments 7
- Tuesday 29 March 2016 Transition to Leadership 4
- Friday 29 April 2016 Top Management Programme (TMP 38)
- Wednesday 04 May 2016 Solutions for Organisational Success