New Research Launch: Internationalisation and Internationalising the Curriculum
This is a free event and will run from 10.00-13.00
- £0.00 Members price
- £0.00 Non-members price
Research launches are a new addition to the Leadership Foundation’s programme of learning and development events. At these events the authors describe the work that they have produced, and engage the audience in a hosted discussion on the key themes and issues that arise.
On this occasion Professor Colin Grant, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International), University of Bath will talk about his new LF publication, We have nothing to lose but our chains: On the Ethics and Logics of University Internationalisation, in which he calls for renewed efforts to position the UK higher education sector at the forefront of global university partnerships. His logic being to challenge first and foremost the rather less engaged majority of universities to cast off the fetters of their parochialism and take concrete steps to enable greater mobility for staff and students, greater partnership in research, and greater leverage across a coalition of forces in the network economy.
And Nicola Sayers, HULT International Business School, will discuss her case study report, Internationalising the curriculum, which is a think-piece that comes out of her analysis of two institutions, HULT International and Richmond University, that both have students from over 100 nations, with no one nation dominating. Sayers explores what it means to internationalise the curriculum with a view to providing UK institutions with ideas on how they might effectively internationalise their curricula.
This Launch event will be of interest to Pro Vice-Chancellors, Deans and Heads of Department who have an interest in International, Learning and Teaching or Research.
Completed forms should be returned to Baljit Sandhu, Marketing and Administration Officer, 020 7849 6919
Also of interest
- Thursday 27 June 2013 Professional Directors' Network Event
- Monday 01 July 2013 Research Centre Directors Programme
- Tuesday 02 July 2013 Understanding and Using the MDRS
- Thursday 04 July 2013 Leading the Whole Student Experience: Learning Through the Digital Student Experience
- Friday 05 July 2013 The Digital Campus - The Challenge of Change
- Thursday 18 July 2013 International Network Meeting
- Tuesday 01 October 2013 Leading Departments 2
- Tuesday 15 October 2013 Senior Strategic Leadership (SSL 18)
- Friday 01 November 2013 Top Management Programme (TMP 32)
- Wednesday 06 November 2013 Leading Transformation in Learning and Teaching 2