Essentials of Resilience
This is a one day event
- £405.00 Members Price
- £505.00 Non Members Price
Never has the speed of change been so fast in higher education, with more challenges and opportunities facing institutions than ever before. However, change often has a negative impact on the people that make up our universities and colleges. With reorganisations, restructuring, rationalisations and reengineering the pressure to do more with less, work smarter, leaner and more effectively is huge.
In this context, resilient leadership of yourself and others is essential to successful achievement of personal and team objectives.
Prior to attending the workshop, delegates will be asked to complete a resilient questionnaire and reflect on the information given to help managers and leaders identify factors that may hinder or help their resilience. The results of the questionnaire and discussions will allow delegates to build a personal action plan and network to support themselves through these turbulent times.
Leaders and managers working in a pressured environment especially those experiencing or managing change.
If you would like to attend the seminar please return the completed booking form to Frankie Martin, Marketing Coordinator T: 020 3468 4817
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Programme Director and Associate Director, Scotland
T: 01786 430 328
M: 07885 898 387
PA T: 07711 378 757
Ginnie is the Programme Director for key Leadership Foundation open programmes, Senior Strategic Leadership, Preparing for Senior Strategic Leadership, Leading Departments and Introduction to Head of Department. She acts as co director for Scotland and represents the Leadership Foundation on a number of UK-wide committees, and has provided in-house consultancy on a range of topics for a number of HEIs. She is also qualified to administer a number of diagnostic tools (including the Transformational Leadership Questionnaire, TLQ) which are key components of many programmes.
Ginnie joined the Leadership Foundation in 2007 following nine years as Director of Training and Development at the University of Stirling. Having previously worked at the University of Aberdeen and in the financial services sector, Ginnie is well-versed in the nuances of the Scottish higher educational sector and accustomed to working across diverse organisations at all levels. Whilst her professional interests are leadership and management development, her various roles have covered diversity and equal opportunities, organisation development and the implementation and management of change.
Also of interest
- Wednesday 12 March 2014 Introduction to Higher Education: Today's Universities: Today's Issues
- Thursday 13 March 2014 Internationalising Higher Education: Strategy, Aspiration and Challenges
- Thursday 13 March 2014 Introduction to Higher Education: Tomorrow's Universities: Tomorrow's Challenges
- Tuesday 18 March 2014 Preparing for Senior Strategic Leadership (PSSL 20)
- Monday 24 March 2014 Stimulating Talks
- Wednesday 26 March 2014 Essentials of marketing your department, project or service
- Tuesday 01 April 2014 HR Business Partners Programme 11
- Thursday 03 April 2014 Governor Toolkit: Part Three
- Thursday 03 April 2014 Building on Your Leadership Skills
- Thursday 24 April 2014 Engaging Leaders - Book Launch Event