What makes your Institution different and why does it matter?
This is a free London regional event.
This event forms part of the entitlement of institutional members of the Leadership Foundation. Two places will be held for each institution.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 10.00 with the programme starting promptly at 10.30. The day will close at 15.30.
This is a free London regional event, this event forms part of the entitlement of institutional members of the Leadership Foundation. Two places will be held for each institution.
This regional event will look at the societal, political and economic pressures which are forcing universities to pay more attention to their distinctiveness and how they can use distinctiveness to engage the communities they serve.
The event aims are:
1. To identify the need for distinctiveness.
2. To identify the drivers of distinctiveness in a given institution.
3. To identify the sources of leadership on distinctiveness and how make distinctiveness work for you at your level.
Guest speakers will include:
- John Joughin, Acting Vice-Chancellor, University of East London
• Malcolm Gillies, Vice-Chancellor of London Metropolitan University
• Robert Phillips, former EMEA President & CEO of Edelman, the world's largest Public Relations firm, and Honorary Visiting Professor atCass Business School.
The day will be led by Mark Wakefield and Martin Vogel, founders of Valoro VGW, a consultancy which works with leaders to create more value for customers, users and society as a whole by overcoming organisational obstacles that get in the way.
Vice-Chancellors, Pro Vice-Chancellors, Head of Departments, Staff Developers and Human Resources
Completed forms should be returned to Baljit Sandhu, Marketing and Administration Officer, 020 3468 4819
The programme includes:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Also of interest
- Friday 03 October 2014 Top Management Programme (TMP 34)
- Wednesday 08 October 2014 Anglo-Swedish-Scottish Higher Education Policy seminar
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 Senior Strategic Leadership (SSL 20)
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 Leading the Student Experience Network event (Information for NUS)
- Wednesday 29 October 2014 Leading the Student Experience Network event
- Thursday 30 October 2014 Joint Workshop for Chairs of Governing Bodies and Vice-Chancellors/Principals 2014
- Monday 03 November 2014 Essentials of Budgeting
- Tuesday 04 November 2014 Aurora London 1
- Wednesday 12 November 2014 Introduction to Head of Department (IHoD 4)
- Thursday 13 November 2014 Research Team Leadership