What makes your Institution different and why does it matter?
This is a free London regional event.
This event forms part of the entitlement of institutional members of the Leadership Foundation. Two places will be held for each institution.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 10.00 with the programme starting promptly at 10.30. The day will close at 15.30.
This is a free London regional event, this event forms part of the entitlement of institutional members of the Leadership Foundation. Two places will be held for each institution.
This regional event will look at the societal, political and economic pressures which are forcing universities to pay more attention to their distinctiveness and how they can use distinctiveness to engage the communities they serve.
The event aims are:
1. To identify the need for distinctiveness.
2. To identify the drivers of distinctiveness in a given institution.
3. To identify the sources of leadership on distinctiveness and how make distinctiveness work for you at your level.
Guest speakers will include:
- John Joughin, Acting Vice-Chancellor, University of East London
• Malcolm Gillies, Vice-Chancellor of London Metropolitan University
• Robert Phillips, former EMEA President & CEO of Edelman, the world's largest Public Relations firm, and Honorary Visiting Professor atCass Business School.
The day will be led by Mark Wakefield and Martin Vogel, founders of Valoro VGW, a consultancy which works with leaders to create more value for customers, users and society as a whole by overcoming organisational obstacles that get in the way.
Vice-Chancellors, Pro Vice-Chancellors, Head of Departments, Staff Developers and Human Resources
Completed forms should be returned to Baljit Sandhu, Marketing and Administration Officer, 020 3468 4819
The programme includes:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
- External speakers
Also of interest
- Wednesday 10 February 2016 Counter Terrorism/The Prevent Agenda: Self-assessment 2
- Wednesday 17 February 2016 MASHEIN: Key Issues for Small and Specialist Institutions - Engaging with the Prevent Agenda
- Tuesday 23 February 2016 Aurora London 2
- Monday 07 March 2016 MASHEIN: Leadership Development Programme: A Programme for academic leaders in small and specialist HEIs- 2014/15
- Wednesday 09 March 2016 Future Professional Directors 1
- Thursday 17 March 2016 Leading Departments 7
- Tuesday 29 March 2016 Transition to Leadership 4
- Friday 22 April 2016 East and West Midlands Regional Event: Leading Change in Higher Education
- Friday 29 April 2016 Top Management Programme (TMP 38)
- Wednesday 04 May 2016 Solutions for Organisational Success