Assessing specific E&D issues
Does the governing body closely examine recruitment data and trends at faculty or subject level? E.g.
- What is the gender balance across subject areas? What is the institution doing to encourage more women or men to study subjects where they are under-represented?
- Does the institution collect student data for all protected characteristics? What are the disclosure rates for each characteristic? What actions should, or could the institution take to understand the equality barriers for these students?
Do graduate attainment rates (e.g. as measured by degree classification) vary significantly by gender or ethnic group? E.g.
- How does the attainment of our BME students, including by different ethnic groups, compare to that of white students? If there are gaps, what action is the institution taking?
- How does the attainment of male students compare to that of female students?
Is there significant variation in graduate employment rates for graduates with declared disabilities, gender or ethnic groups? E.g.
- What is the employment rate for disabled graduates, by impairment type, compared to non-disabled graduates? If there are large differences, what action is being taken?
- What are their respective employment rates for male and female students?
Does the governing body regularly review the E&D of its staffing base? E.g.
- What proportion of professors, senior academic roles and manager/director/senior official posts are held by BME staff? How does this compare to the local and student demographics?
- What proportion of professors are women? What proportion of senior contracts are held by women? What action is being taken to support the career progression of women?
- What proportion of professors and academics on senior contracts have disclosed a disability? What is the disability disclosure rate amongst staff? What action has been taken to support disabled staff?
- Is there a gender pay gap? If so, for which employment grades are there the largest gaps? What are the reasons?
- Is data on all protected characteristics collected? What are the disclosure rates for each characteristic? What action is the institution taking, or could take to understand equality barriers for these staff?
Next Page >
< Previous Page