Aurora Conference 2017
This is a one-day event.
The event will take place in central London.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 09.30 with the programme starting promptly at 10.00. The day will close at 16.30.
- £250.00 Member price
- £320.00 Non Member Price
Marking our highest engaged Aurora year yet, we are delighted to be launching our third Aurora conference focusing on learning from others – examining what others outside higher education are doing, and what we can learn from them to support women in leadership within the sector.
The conference will explore learning generated throughout the four years of Aurora and introduce new focused-leadership development through a series of parallel workshops.
Women leaders from outside of higher education will share their insights to generate new, wider, perspectives on leadership. Embracing these ideas as stimuli, delegates will have the opportunity to reflect and discuss how these insights can influence their own, and others, leadership practice, paving the way for greater connectivity and real change for women’s leadership across and beyond higher education.
- Tracey Ford, founder of JAGS Foundation
- Professor Catherine Harper, deputy vice-chancellor (academic), University of Chichester
- Donna Willis, senior organisational development manager, St Mary’s University, Twickenham
Further contributors will be confirmed in due course.
The conference aims to expand the pool of informed, inspired and connected leaders, critical to maintaining the momentum for change in higher education.
- Access a wide, diverse, network (reconnecting and creating new connections)
- Develop leadership skills specific to your interests through a number of workshops
- Have the opportunity to hear from and talk to real women making change happen, in higher education and beyond
- Celebrate the impact of Aurora and keep the momentum needed to embed change
- Discuss the state of play of the diversity and inclusion agenda
This conference is about inspiring you to discover what you can do now, to build greater confidence, skills and insight into your leadership practice and connect with a community of like-minded peers.
The Aurora Conference is for those interested in, and part of, furthering the equality and diversity agenda in higher education.
Participants include, but are not limited to:
- Aurora participants (current and alumnae)
- Aurora champions
- Aurora role models
- Aurora mentors
- People working in/leading equality and diversity
If you would like to attend the Aurora Conference or book a place for someone else please book online via the orange button below.
You'll be asked to log into MyLF using your MyLF identity. Once you're logged in MyLF will allow you to book yourself or select other delegates via a simple search option or add new delegates as required. If you need any assistance with MyLF please contact Susie Norton, Marketing and Communications Manager.
The event fees include all costs associated with:
- Lunch and refreshments during the programme times
Also of interest
- Tuesday 25 April 2017 Leading Change: Legal Organisational Forms
- Friday 28 April 2017 Yorkshire, Humberside and North East Regional Event
- Friday 28 April 2017 Top Management Programme (TMP 40)
- Monday 08 May 2017 GDP: Women onto Boards - London
- Tuesday 09 May 2017 Higher Education Insights
- Wednesday 10 May 2017 Knowing Our Place? Strategic Leadership of University Local Partnerships
- Thursday 11 May 2017 GDP: Women onto Boards - Cardiff
- Thursday 18 May 2017 Research Team Leadership
- Thursday 18 May 2017 BME Leadership in Higher Education Summit 2017
- Tuesday 06 June 2017 Wales Leaders Programme